I read about "20 for 2020" on Instagram. The idea is to set 20 life goals, but I'm going to apply it just to sewing. So, here goes. I don't know if this will be realistic, but why not try?
1. Publish at least 20 blog posts during 2020. I only managed seven or so in 2019, but between my mother's illness and eventual death, the plumbing leak, and new flooring, I'm surprised I managed that many!
2. Participate in at least two challenges. Maybe sewalongs or ...? I plan on participating in #SewTwistsandTies on Instagram in January. I'm sure another interesting challenge will come up. Here's a "twist" I just made:
3. Perfect a work-appropriate trouser pattern for my daughter.
4. Organize my sewing studio.
5. Take a sewing class. Maybe this one:
6. Make a lined jacket.
7. Learn how to make bound buttonholes.
|From Threads Magazine|
9. Continue my personal challenge: Conference Capsule.
10. Create a retirement wardrobe plan (it's about time!). I need/want a casual but stylish and put-together wardrobe for my newish lifestyle. These are some examples and all are things I could make:
|Top row: Pix 1, 3, 4: www.instagram.com/styleatacertainage/; Pic 2: www.instagram.com/thiswiththis/|
Bottom row: Pix 1 & 2:www.instagram.com/styleatacertainage/; Pix 3 & 4: www.instagram.com/thiswiththis/
11. Continue to visit fabric stores and fashion-related exhibits on my travels!
|Part of a "Diana" exhibit at Kensington Palace, May/June 2019|
12. Be more active in the online sewing community.
13. Get over my fear of selfies and try to post some things I've made for myself. This is a hard one as I'm camera-shy.
14. Make zip-front jeans. I've made oodles of pull-on Eleonores, but I'd like to make more traditional jeans. Might work this one in with a class. Two birds!
15. Make some local sewing connections.
17. Make a vest. Maybe the Envigado:
18. Make a casual jacket/coat. Maybe the Kelly Anorak:
19. I haven't smocked anything for a long time. I'd like to reacquaint myself with the process and complete a smocked project.
20. Embellish an item with embroidery or needle felting. How cute is this?
Thinking up 20 sewing goals was a bit harder than I thought! But I think these are all achievable. What about you? Do you have sewing goals for 2020?